Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 11:04 AM
FINALLY! It’s taken us a more than a week, but we’ve finally seen a team go down big and NOT give up. Refer to the end of the last update and take it in. … because Michigan did. And in coming back from a flat, defeated and mostly “out of it” game against Kansas, they hung on to that last line of the last update and searched for the sliver of light that reminded them that there was a dawn. But it wasn’t coming without a fight. And I gotta say, I wasn’t impressed with all the half court three point heaves Burke buried, nor the Mitch McGary putbacks to the tune of and 70% FG shooting against Withey, and it surely wasn’t the cockiness and the “swagger” from everyone on that team including SPIKE!!! No, it wasn’t any of that, cuz those things happen every game. Very simply put, it was the fight. It was the not giving up until the very, very end, the playing like it could be your last game of the season, and it was the improbable comeback that forced down 11 Guiness on Shubs99’s rising bracket and still-hovering BAC.
Friday, March 29, 2013 - 10:33 AM
So we’re halfway to the halfway house of the Final Four, with the final Regional Finals slates to be slotted after tonight. We’ve seen 1’s fall and 2’s fall and Tom Crean fall to the floor and weep like a b!tch a$s baby…and I LOVED IT!!! And I’m not a big Syracuse guy, though the last time I picked ‘em to win it all, I did rake in this thing. Course, my score would have placed somewhere in the 30s in almost any other year…but that was then. And this Orange team, fronted by often frustrating Zone D and led by an ironically ginger afro’d guard seems different somehow. Different from the chokers of 2010 who took an early exit, different from the chokers of the Big East season who couldn’t decide whether to lay down or bend over for Georgetown, and different from the team that led so many pickers away from them in the bracket. So many except two lofty floaters in the lane: Nick the Greek and RRR.
Friday, March 22, 2013 - 12:03 PM
Several years ago, in the days when the Big XII was truly the biggest conference and Roy Williams was choking in the tournament year after year in Lawrence, the Iowa State Cyclones were a hot ticket. Some of you young, young, youngsters may not remember the likes of Marcus Fizer and Jamaal Tinsley. Both players went on to have careers at the next level, arguably highlighted by Fizer nomination of League MVP in 2006 (in the NBA D League). Course that was "long" after Isaah Thomas blew up the former CBA, but not long after Larry Eustachy (of present Colorado State coaching fame) signed a highly publicized 10-year contract extension with the Cyclones…most of which he never coached, becoming one of the first prominent coaches to party with the pretty co-eds of the opposition and get taken down by Internet paparazzi. So why is this relevant? Read on…
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 07:23 AM
Alright, alright!! So you want an update...I appreciate that. You want to hear the pseudo props and the flimsy predictions about who will roll and how many UDogs Carmelo and Ufcker are gunna score this year. ALRIGHT!!! You can see the historical standings as easily as the next guy, and odds are by now you can read (though apparently not the rules), but let it be known that if your name ain’t Discount Double Check or the aforementioned Ufcker you ain’t getting any pseuos and you’ve got no glory. But that’s only the bad news. There’s some good to come…if only for this few day window. Cuz just like the first day of every month for Area 84, everything resets to zero before the opening tips. And right now everyone is tied for first, last and all the UDogs. So you’ve got that goin for you…which is nice.
So to the bracket 'breakdown'... MORE...
· Predicting the 10 Most Painful Teams to Watch for 2013-14 NCAA Basketball Season
· Michigan Basketball: 5 Toughest Games on Wolverines' 2013-14 Big Ten Schedule
· Is Realignment Good or Bad for College Basketball?
· Ranking the 10 Best NCAA Basketball Backcourts for 2013-14 Season
· Syracuse Basketball: ACC Teams Orange Should Be Most Worried About
· Theo Pinson to UNC: Tar Heels Land 5-Star Prospect
· Ohio State Basketball: 5 Burning Questions for Buckeyes' Offseason
· 10 College Basketball Teams Most Likely to Overachieve in 2013-14 Season
· Otto Porter, Nate Wolters among future NBA pros to watch
· Krzyzewski to return as USA Basketball coach
· Pinson, five-star hoops recruit, commits to UNC
· Memphis' Black to transfer to KU
· George Washington unveils new basketball court
· FIU guard Malik Smith transfers to Minnesota
· Report: Griner told to keep homosexuality secret
· UNM will get $625K contract buyout from Alford
· Arizona St.'s Evan Gordon transferring to Indiana